Today's Feminist

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Yes, it's been almost 18 months since I last wrote. My life has gotten in the way of my best efforts to blog, but my return to the comfortable and embracing folds of has been progressing along. I gave birth to a daughter this past January. Katherine speaks to me in ways I never imagined. Though I adore my son (and hope he one day partners with a feminist just like me), having a daughter has made all of the issues about which I once was so passionate all the more real.

I made my first formal move back into the circle of feminism this week, which is probably why I'm now approaching the blog with renewed vigor. I took Kate with me to a meeting of the National Organization for Women. Though I once despised the organization for its pandering to moderate feminists, I now accept that I can exist outside the NOW framework in my personal life and still participate in its ideas because they work in the Political (yes, the capital P is on purpose) arena.

I volunteered to help with the publicity campaign for a benefit concert our Now chapter is having in June. The concert itself is something that my son, Jayden, will enjoy as well, so it will be a nice family experience for us.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home